Teacher Appreciation Week is finally here! Today we sent in a little treat to start off the week. We made "candy apples" by covering Ferrero Rochers with red tissue paper.
I stuck a couple into a little treat bag and simply topped with a paper doily and tag. I figured someone else might be able to make use of the tags, so I am going to try to attach them here as a pdf for download. Let's see if I can figure this out lol!
pdf download: Download Class_act_tag
I punched the tags out with my 2" Fiskars circle punch. They can be used on any teacher gift you give this week.
So here's how to make the apples:
- Cut out a 6" circle of red tissue paper (I traced a Fiskars Super Sized Circles template). Since tissue is so thin, you can cut a bunch out at once if you are making multiple.
- Place a mini glue dot at the bottom of a Ferroro Rocher and stick down in the center of one circle.
- Wrap the sides up around candy and twist at top.
- Twist a small piece of masking tape colored brown with a Sharpie marker around the twisted top to secure and serve as a stem. Trim off excess. You may want to color in top of stem with your Sharpie if the red shows through after trimming.
- Punch a small circle of green cardstock and feed back into punch partially to create leaf; attach with mini glue dot.
I'm busy planning the next "thank you" and will post when I'm done! In the meantime, don't miss the teacher cards I posted last week here.